Friday, August 04, 2006

Ca prend le Soleil! (more random ramblings)

Direct translation? You take the sun. But according to someone I met the other day, you capture the sun is how best to translate it. According to him, several observations of me (from a distance I might add) and a 30 minute conversation make those the best words to describe me.

Two problems. First when someone says, "You capture the sun," (I feel) it is more a responsibility than a compliment. Picture this: You are walking with a group of people (as he had often seen me), you happen to walk onto a stage and right then, the lights fall on you. Guess who everyone's attention is turned to? Guess who sets the tone for the performance? Guess who gets criticized the most? Now you tell me, compliment or responsibility?

Second, say I had taken this as a compliment, the following day and for four days after, even now as I write this , the sun has been in hiding; it has rained almost non-stop, the weather has been dreary, and its been cold! It's almost as if the sun were responding in its own way to say "Ah hell no!"














Conclusion: Hopefully this capturing of sun that he and others may see is a reflection of Christ in me...


He who glories, let him glory in the Lord. —2 Corinthians 10:17

1 comment:

juch4306 said...

"You capture the sun" Of course you do, Jiggy! Perfectly fitting description :) And a lovely compliment as well! Mmmwah, JC