Thursday, January 21, 2010

We thank God


Two days ago I spoke to my dad for all of 48 secs. I had asked him to call because there is another Jos crisis, rumour had it that it was spreading even to Raifield where we live, and I had not heard from them. I was worried.

My parents are people of faith. I do not say that lightly. They give even when they have nothing to give. They fast to please God, not just to petition him. And they trust in God. My mother loves Jesus like no other woman I know. "Hmm Jagila," she says to me, "me I can't wait to see my Jesus. It's only for you kids I'm still here o." And my dad is the "we thank God" man. It is his answer in almost every situation. That and "we will pray about it." 

Jagila: Daddy I did not get an A in Pathology.
Dad: Well Jagila we thank God, I know you did your best

Jagila: Daddy thank you for sending me some money
Dad: We thank God Jagil, he provided

Jagila: Daddy you are not a young man any more, you have to stop every two hours on long distance trips and stretch and walk.
Dad: Yes Jagila. We thank God. He has given me a daughter that is going to be a doctor and take care of me. 

When I spoke to my dad in those few secs, he briefed me of the situation in Jos and then he said "we thank God we are fine. We are praying Jagila. We know that no weapon formed against us shall prosper. We will call you if anything... I am trying to save my credit because of this 24hr curfew"

His peace and calm, helped me be peaceful and calm.
So in agreement with my father I say in this situation,
even when Jos is burning
and the devil thinks he has won another battle,
the devil thinks he has succeeded in spurring the evil in man to overflow
one against one another,
we thank God
for the battle belongs to the Lord and he is already victorious!

No comments: