Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I loved a girl

Let me try to tell you what it really should mean if a fellow says to a girl "I love you."

It means: "You, you, you,  you alone.
You shall reign in my heart. You are the one whom I have longed for; without you I am incomplete. I will give everything for you and I will give up everything for you, myself as well as all that I possess. I will live for you alone, and I will work for you alone. And I will wait for you-it doesn't matter how long. I will always be patient with you. I will never force you, not even by words. I want to guard you, protect you and keep you from all evil. I want to share with you my thoughts, my heart and my body-all that I possess. I want to listen to what you have to say. There is nothing I want to undertake without your blessing. Jagila, I want to remain always at your side."

Modified from I Loved A Girl, A private correspondence between 2 young Africans and their Pastor. Compiled by Walter Trobisch

No comments: