Sunday, July 30, 2006

trip to the Bear City

Some highlights from Bern






Its not called bear city for nothing








A visit to Eintein's apartment













River runs through..one of my favourite pictures from Bern






One of the main attractions in Bern. It supposedly has this really cool gadget that "performs" every hour and is worth watching. We waited around to see it and 5 mins after the hour we were still waiting for the cool part of the performance...







We ate lunch by this fountain (the tall structure). I found it quite disturbing. It is basically a monster eating babies/infants/children. The story behind it is that children kept getting swept off by the currents in the lake. In order to scare them away from the water, the town built this fountain... I guess in my culture you tell stories of spirits and such and in the Swiss-German culture, you build fountains.





One major attraction to Bern (for me anyway). I don't really know the history of this cathedral, I think its called Muenster. A lot of steps to get to the top...










The ceiling














Looking up from the top of the Cathedral. I like to call this picture "Stairway to heaven." The good things is that the climbing has already been done for us, we just need to beleive and accept it. Always a good way to end...

No comments: