Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Lugarno, Lucarno, and Lucerne

This is how I will justify not getting a schengen visa:
Switzerland has three major regions (areas, language demarcations, whatever you want to call them); the French, the German and the Italian. Geneva and Lucerne are located in the French region and hence are french speaking. Lugarno and Lucarno are located in the Italian region. And places like Bern (as of this time, yet to be visited) and Friborg, are located in the German region. So I ask you this, why should I, being of sound mind and having been turned down from the schengen twice already, continue in this needless pursuit when Switzerland presents the same form (or very similar) of culture, language and people?

Now for those who know me very well, yes I am bitter about not being able to visit Germany, ITALY, and France (off the record).

We visited the three towns this weekend, but I took way too many pictures to post here and my camera battery died the second day. So what I have posted are some pictures from Lugarno. As always, there is a link for others on my page...

First stop: Lugarno
Enroute to Lugano









Sweet looking dorm no? Apparently it is a historic building of the town so they have to keep it looking nice all and well maitained all the time. I'd stay there again.







First church we visited, beautiful on the outside and inside also









Inside of the first church. I love the way the light falls on the picture of Christ, almost as if the sun were saying on its own accord, 'he is the light.'









Visiting Grandria, a small town not to far from Lugano by boat, and a stone throw from Italy








Grandria is just a small fisher man town, but there were some beautiful scenes there...


























While waiting for the boat Lucy thought she should poke at some fun... Hahaha no?









And we can't forget outdoor plumbing.. hehe


Also beautiful at night

No comments: