Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Beautiful inconvenience

I planned to go hiking today. 
Truth is I kind of planned... 
I knew I wanted to hike  and I knew where I want to hike 
Everything in between was a matter of following directions
I had play by play steps. Turn here. This many miles to destination. 
When I got to there, i really wasn’t where I had planned to go
A nice lady at the park office gave me a map showing I was 2 hrs from my initial destination...
So instead I hiked where I was. I took in the scenery. And I found a beautiful alternative to my plans 

As I journey through this place I did not plan to be 
I struggle with the disappointment of being here
But I’m also learning to find beauty in my wilderness 
And to trust that inconvenience too has it’s purpose

No comments: