1) God provided $24,000 of debt-free tuition for me in the last year of med school. It truly was a miracle and God knows I did not deserve such a gift but it was for his kingdom. It reminded me of the start of med school when I had no money to travel with and God provided $1000 with a note that said it was investment in God's kingdom. This is the same thing my donor of $24,000 said.
2) God protected my family and orchestrated healing for illness in ways only he could have known ahead of time would be needed. He sees and knows all things.
3) My debit card number was stolen and my bank account was cleared of almost $400. That is not a lot of money to some, but to me that is the difference between being able to pays bills, feed myself and transport myself in this crazy city.
4) My school emailed saying I owed them money and my transcript would not go out for the Match next week (the Match is when those who applied for residency positions find out if they "matched" and where) - God's favour allowed the director of finances to authorize release of my transcript .
In my email I had said regarding the Match "I know regardless of the outcome, God has already taken care of that and will begin to reveal his plan for me starting next Monday March 14th."
On Monday March 14th I did not match. It was heartbreaking to find this out; I felt like all my hopes and dreams had been dashed to a million pieces. See I believed that surely! because God loves me he would give me a position next year. I believed all the things he had orchestrated to ensure I start and finish med school were only so that the testimony of praise to him would be greater. And somewhere in the background of my mind I said "And if he doesn't there is always plan B."
When I got my Match results I felt as if both God and the devil were asking "Jagila will you still praise God when things don't go your way?"
In my email I had said regarding the Match "I know regardless of the outcome, God has already taken care of that and will begin to reveal his plan for me starting next Monday March 14th."
On Monday March 14th I did not match. It was heartbreaking to find this out; I felt like all my hopes and dreams had been dashed to a million pieces. See I believed that surely! because God loves me he would give me a position next year. I believed all the things he had orchestrated to ensure I start and finish med school were only so that the testimony of praise to him would be greater. And somewhere in the background of my mind I said "And if he doesn't there is always plan B."
When I got my Match results I felt as if both God and the devil were asking "Jagila will you still praise God when things don't go your way?"
It's been a rough week. The Post-Match Scramble (literally a scramble to fill the spots of unfilled programs) is like kicking a man who has already fallen. It is humbling, stressful and scary. But for me it was also liberating. I went through a lot of emotions between Monday and Thursday; anger, sorrow, jealousy, shame, acceptance. The whole time I was bombarded (by family and friends) with verses of encouragement and hope that God would work it out. Two scriptures stuck the closest to my heart. Job 13:15 and Romans 11:33-36.
Job 13:15
Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him...
Romans 11:33-36
33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and[i] knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out! 34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?”[j] 35 “Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay them?”[k] 36 For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.
Message version
33-36 Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom? It's way over our heads. We'll never figure it out.
Is there anyone around who can explain God?
Anyone smart enough to tell him what to do?
Anyone who has done him such a huge favor
that God has to ask his advice?
Everything comes from him;
Everything happens through him;
Everything ends up in him.
Always glory! Always praise!
Yes. Yes. Yes.
We serve a living God. And even as I was filled with praise for things he has done, I was reminded today in Quiet Time that the things God does serve as reminders to praise him for who he is. When regardless of our circumstances we praise God, the devil is defeated! And during our praise, he makes our feet like "hinds feet on high places"
Job 13:15
Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him...
Romans 11:33-36
33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and[i] knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out! 34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?”[j] 35 “Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay them?”[k] 36 For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.
Message version
33-36 Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom? It's way over our heads. We'll never figure it out.
Is there anyone around who can explain God?
Anyone smart enough to tell him what to do?
Anyone who has done him such a huge favor
that God has to ask his advice?
Everything comes from him;
Everything happens through him;
Everything ends up in him.
Always glory! Always praise!
Yes. Yes. Yes.
We serve a living God. And even as I was filled with praise for things he has done, I was reminded today in Quiet Time that the things God does serve as reminders to praise him for who he is. When regardless of our circumstances we praise God, the devil is defeated! And during our praise, he makes our feet like "hinds feet on high places"
Habbakuk 3:17-19
17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.
I want to be known as a woman who makes God smile; a woman who pleases and obeys the most high God; a woman after my father's heart. This week showed me things in my heart God wishes to rid me of. A friend of mine said to me "God said in Isaiah 66:9, "Do I bring to the moment of birth and not deliver?" Jagila, God wants you to know that, indeed, he will complete what he has begun in you." Yes, I am confidant of this, that "he who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it (Phil 1:6) as long as I remain in him and obey him. God remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself (2 Timothy 2:13).
God is in control! Iju na gila!!! Amen! Let us continue to praise God in all circumstances. He alone is worthy! Blessed be your name O Lord! You give and take away. My heart will choose to say Lord, blessed be Your name. I choose to say, Lord blessed be your name!
17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.
I want to be known as a woman who makes God smile; a woman who pleases and obeys the most high God; a woman after my father's heart. This week showed me things in my heart God wishes to rid me of. A friend of mine said to me "God said in Isaiah 66:9, "Do I bring to the moment of birth and not deliver?" Jagila, God wants you to know that, indeed, he will complete what he has begun in you." Yes, I am confidant of this, that "he who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it (Phil 1:6) as long as I remain in him and obey him. God remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself (2 Timothy 2:13).
God is in control! Iju na gila!!! Amen! Let us continue to praise God in all circumstances. He alone is worthy! Blessed be your name O Lord! You give and take away. My heart will choose to say Lord, blessed be Your name. I choose to say, Lord blessed be your name!
No comments:
Post a Comment