Every year since I can remember, I have spent the last few hrs before my birthday in reflection over the past year of my life; my failures, my successes, my hopes, my fears... all about me.
This year I have been challenged to look beyond me and instead to focus on the reason why I am alive. It's not to be sister, daughter, friend, doctor, or whatever other role I have been blessed to have in addition to my primary reason for existence. My sole purpose is to glorify God. As Francis Chan (Crazy Love) says , "it doesn't really matter what place I find myself right now. My part is to bring Him (God) glory... The point of my life is to point to Him."
If I am to be brutally honest, I have not done that with all of my heart. And yes I know it is challenging if not impossible with out complete surrender to and guidance from the Holy Spirit.
So this is the thing: I need to stop living a selfish life, forgetful of God. The truth is each year God gives me is more time to live for him. Completely for him. In 1 Corinthians 3:12-15 I am reminded that Christ is the foundation and I am to build on that foundation and that work will be shown for what it is. I am ashamed to say if God is to show my work for what it is right now, today, on my 28th birthday, I will be saved "but only as one escaping through the flames." I have not been faithful with the time God has given me.
So this is my message to myself this year: Jagila, get over your self and acknowledge Christ before man so that he may also acknowledge you before His Father in heaven (Matthew 10:32-22).
So here's to a life of freedom in Christ and bringing glory to God. So help me God.

No comments:
Post a Comment