Saturday, July 11, 2009

So I wait...

"Development depends upon good governance. And that is a responsibility that can only be met by Africans." -US President Barack Obama on his visit to Ghana, July 2009
Wise words that have been spoken one too many times to Africans and their leaders. When will we take heed. When will we be sick enough of the crap job our leaders do and rather than sit around and complain, cry out "ENOUGH!" as we march against the tyranny? When will we desire change so much we do something about it? When will we start to believe again that all is not lost?
I will differ to the country I know and love personally, Nigeria. Many arguments between Nigerians come down to the question of worth. Is Nigeria worth saving? Is Nigeria worth my sacrifice? Is Nigeria worth the effort? Sadly the answer is no. Many say they would never give of themselves for "that country."
I still believe in 'redemption' for my country. But I know it cannot be done by one person. So I wait and wonder "when will there be enough of us who believe and hope or who are foolish enough to try?" So I wait...

No comments: