I saw the judgement in her eyes
Even before I felt the silent wind from her unformed words
Surely, she had thought, surely this time would be different
After all, she had seen what he had done
She knew what he could do
He had held her heart
But, like the others, there he was...fallen
And even as she watched him hung out like that
All she could think was
'He dropped my heart'
I looked deeper into her still dark eyes, trying to read her soul
Startled by what I saw, I pulled back
There, hidden behind the passion in her eyes, I saw a reflection of me
It was then I realised without a doubt,
I was there that day
I too had said it... those dreadful words condemning my love to die
I too had said it!
‘Crucify Him’
-Makailah Johnson
photo from: http://wvs.topleftpixel.com/04/11/23/

No comments:
Post a Comment