The summary of my trip is that I missed my flight; was rescheduled but given no guarantee of travel to Newcastle (my final destination); got air sick somewhere between Dulles airport and Heathrow and at about 40,000 feet (in all my air travels which began at age 10 I have only been air sick one other time and that was a piece of cake compared to this); finally arrived Newcastle on Thursday at about 7:20pm but two of my bags didn’t make it; got settled into an 11 by 12.5ft room (Jagila’s feet as measuring tape) with a standing sink and protruding heater (means little room to move things around and move period); and finally have a working phone. The rest of my bags have arrived and I have already spent an enormous amount of money on kitchen ware and few groceries.
I live in a flat with 6 others but I am the only one who has arrived and was actually the first to arrive the building. We will be sharing two bathrooms, two toilets and a kitchen (with a small-for-six-people refrigerator).
I just wanted to inform everyone all at once that I have arrived and I am well, and! I am (still) looking forward to starting this journey of becoming a medical doctor which God knows I have desired for almost a decade now :) I hope you are all well.
Some pictures of Newcastle
No comments:
Post a Comment