Wednesday, March 07, 2007

From "Two listeners"

Fear is evil
Many, many are man's fears. Nation is afraid of nation. Fear, fear, fear, everywhere. Fight fear as you would a plague. Turn it out of your lives and home. Fight singly. Fight it together. Never inspire fear. It is an evil ally. Fear of punishment, fear of blame... Banish it. There must be another and better way. Ask Me, and I will show it you.

Surprises
Many are those who think that I test and train and bend to My Will. I, who bade the disciples take up your cross, I loved to prepare a feast for them by the lakeside-a little glad suprise, not a necessity, as the feeding of the multitude may have seemed. I loved to give the wine-gift at the marriage feast.
As you love to plan surpises for those who understand and joy in them, so with Me. I love to plan them for those who see My love and tender Joy in them.
Dear to the heart of My Father are those who see not only My tears, the tears of a Savior, but the smile, the joy-smile of a friend.

--God calling

No comments: