Wednesday, February 07, 2007

In reverse...

"The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?"
-MLK

1 comment:

Thliza said...

I think the whole issue boils down to the question of understanding the role of God in one’s life.

From time immemorial, almost everybody seems to be in a haste to go do one thing or the other. To them, time – or do they call it beating the time – is everything.

In their shallow understanding, they think a minute or two late are going to deprive them of one or two valuable thing(s) they are pursuing.

But if only we can know, that with God, we can never be behind schedule, then everything may go back to normalcy again.

I believe what one can do now is much better than what he think he can achieve later.

That is why a thorough critique of the “whys” and “hows” of our actions are very important in pleasing God as Christians.

In the meantime, I believe that, although these reversals of Priest/Levite cum Good Samaritan are brief, I have learnt something very important to my spiritual life.