Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My father's daughter

Today my contemplative mood steered me in the direcction of thoughts on character traits I possess. These thoughts included comparisons of who I am and the people who I supposedly received these traits from. My mum has defintely rubbed off on me in a lot of ways, good and bad, but I have to conclude and agree with every one who ever said this of me, that I am defintely my father's daughter...


My Father's Daughter (written in '04)

Remember the Father whose daughter you are
Tall, Stubborn, Straight faced, straight-laced
when he smiled you smiled
Hardworking, Sports loving, Respected
This father of mine has booming voice, hard exterior,
He loves my mother with a soft heart
He drives hunched over steering wheel looking
straight ahead
Once he spotted me on the roadside,
told me to get inside and then he drove on
We ran together he and I
Those were our special moments
He called me at 3am once
"I was praying for you" he said, "we love you"
I think of him often,
my father whose daughter I am
The first man to make my heart smile
The first man to make me cry
The only man who captures all of me
I am my father's daughter

No comments: