Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Excerpt from ODB 12/12

God Intrudes...
[Peter Larson wrote: “Despite our efforts to keep Him out, God intrudes. The life of Jesus is bracketed by two impossibilities: a virgin’s womb and an empty tomb. Jesus entered our world through a door marked ‘No Entrance’ and left through a door marked ‘No Exit.’”

James Edwards echoes this theme in his book The Divine Intruder: “[God] breaks into this world, even when He is unexpected and unwelcome. God joins us in our weakest and worst moments. There is a Divine Intruder among us.”]

I need the intrusion. Sometimes I don't want it, but I do need it. That light at the end of the tunnel that appears just before I am about to give up... The extra cash that comes in when I am about to borrow money... And who can forget the sun! The sun on a cold winter day! Please continue to intrude in my life Lord! I beg you. For that is what I need...

No comments: