Friday, November 17, 2006

The parable of the talents

You must first read Matthew 25: 14-29 to even have a clue what I am about to speak of...

"Can you hear the heart of your father in the words of the passage?
I want you to become everything I intended you to be...You are free to take everything I have given to you, all the resources I have put inside you, and make them double!Whatever you become because of my presence inside you is for My glory...You are free and you are safe. Become strong. Become wise. Become confident."
-- Angela Thomas When Wall Flowers Dance

Many who know me, and know me well know the MCAT is one difficulty, or maybe for a better description, one physical limitation I have faced since coming to the United States. Those who know me well also know my heart still longs to conquer that test and to be able to look back and say I could have if I wanted to, but didn't, not because I could not, but because I chose not to...

Today I was confronted again with the reality of this Goliath, but along with that came a realization that by not investing the time and effort into the test, I am like the man who was given one talent and hid it, rather than double it. His talent was taken away and given to someone who had much to begin with, but had worked to double what he had. I don't want to be the one-talent having man who is left with nothing any longer...

So today I registered for the MCAT. And also for all the help I could get in preparing for it. I choose to be free to live to double what I have been given, this desire to effect change in Nigeria, to bring healing and health. It's a decision I make by the grace of God... So help me God.

1 comment:

Thliza said...

Keep it up Jana. I 'll vist your sites again and again.