Jude (www.myspace.com/pyeriboy)Today is Jude's birthday. I called to wish him a happy birthday and we talked for a minute. It was one of those heartfelt, intense conversations about future plans and God's will. We both realized something...we have been friends for 12 some years and this excludes the time of 'no talking.' Scary thought no? He is the only friend I have had for that long who I have been through a lot with and yet am still close to. Reminds me that he is close to my heart and I need to keep it strong with the other potential 12 year peoples in my life. It's good to have peoples like that in your life.

Heartbeats
Apparently, "physically, each of us has a unique heartbeat... It's amazing that out of the billions of people who have ever lived, no one else has had a heartbeat exactly like yours."
--- Rick Warren, Purpose Driven Life
--- Rick Warren, Purpose Driven Life
Killing Fields: Africa's Misery, the World's Shame
(http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/archives/2006_10_01_ac360_archive.html)
Last night I watched CNN 360 with Anderson Cooper. That in itself does not sound right; I'm a BBC buff myself. But Anderson Cooper had a good point. He was talking about the war in DRC (formerly Zaire and now Democratic Republic of Congo) and how this major rebel leader is just kind of hanging out there in the highlands of DRC and though there is an international warrant out for him, still he thrives, unsearched for, unscathed, and bidding his time... Cooper asked him of all the crimes against humanity his soldiers have committed. His response? "They did that before I was there"?!?! Cooper concludes "No one is willing or ablel to aprehend him, or is it that no one cares?"
I vote for the lack of care.
It's an Anomaly! That's what Grace said of my approval of OPT by INS/USCIS today. "Have you ever heard of INS telling someone they have to leave by a certain date and then turning around and saying they can stay?" She has a point! My parents are thrilled ofcourse. Me, I feel...kind of confused. I was so sure I was meant to go home or somewhere in SSA and work you know. The words of Ps 34:14-15 come to mind "But I trust in you O Lord. I say you are my God. My times are in your hands..." And like my dear friend Grace said, "remember you prayed for God's will."
Here's to responding to God's will, keeping it strng with friends, caring about people...and looking for jobs in the homeland still :D
(pictures from google images)
No comments:
Post a Comment